The Moka was invented by Alfonso Bialetti in 1933.
The name derives from the city of Mokha in Yemen, one of the earliest and most famous areas of coffee production.
Let’s see how to make Moka coffee:
1. Ground some fresh roasted coffee but not too fine
2. Fill the bottom of the moka pot with preheated water up to the safety valve without covering it
3. Put your ground coffee into the filter and level it
without any pressing.
4. Place the filter back in the Moka pot and screw the top of the moka very tight. ( beware that the bottom is hot )
5. Put the Pot on low/medium heat
6. When the pot starts bubbling take it off the heat and serve